Have you actually seen any videos lately?
Trust me. You're not missing anything.
I happened to catch some of the Fuse channel's "Alternative" top ten countdown this afternoon. As to why I was watching Fuse in the first place... well, they were running a documentary on metal that included interviews with members of Gorgoroth and other Norwegian black metal bands. Needless to say, that's the kind of entertainment one shouldn't pass up.
Anyway, the top ten yielded many surprises to me:
1) Apparently, the Offspring are still making music.
2) Somebody thought it would be a good idea to put the Killers in "beyond the thunderdome" gear.
3) U2's new single is a combination of weird, processed boogie guitars and "Pump It Up"-style phrasing. It sounds like a more irritating version of "Wild, Wild West" by the Escape Club.
4) For some reason, people are not yet tired of that awful Kings of Leon song.
5) Rock videos for histrionic songs featuring sullen teenagers will never go out of style.
I also found out there's a band called The Airborne Toxic Event, who I'm pretty certain was named through the last internet meme (From Buzzfeed via the Onion AV Club):
Here's a totally random way to make your new random band's new random album cover. Post one! Go to “Wikipedia.” Hit “random” and the first article you get is the name of your band. Then go to “Random Quotations” and the last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album. Then, go to Flickr and click on “Explore the Last Seven Days” and the third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.My result:
Yes, I am available for freelance graphic design work.