Wednesday, October 03, 2007

This Just In: Ian MacKaye Still Alive

So it seems as though Minor Threat/Embrace/Fugazi/Evens singer and co-owner of Dischord records Ian Mackaye was subject to a rather nasty Internet rumor over the past couple of days. Perhaps he was killed via an overdose of Progesterex.

Perhaps even more shocking (and much more true) is the clip below, the Evens appearance on the D.C.-based public access children's television program Pancake Mountain. It's a pretty long way from the Mackaye in crowd on the Fear on SNL clip I posted last week but I suppose 25 years will mellow a dude out. What's remarkable is that this is probably the first actual video MacKaye has made in his entire 20-plus years as a performer.



Edit: Apparently, this clip is a few years old. It's new to me and hopefully a few of you but yes, I'm a bit behind the curve on this one. Mea culpa. In any case, I still dig it. MacKaye has long been a proponent of Olympia-styled innocence pop and this is possibly the only example of him performing something comparable himself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that clip!