Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Unblinking Ear Podcast: Plausibly the Best of 2011

The year is nearly over. But before we put 2011 in our rearview, let's take a moment (or roughly 47 and a half minutes) to reflect on the year that was.

Below are selections from what I consider the best records of 2011. For those of you with obsessive compulsive disorder, don't fret. I'll be putting them in list form in the near future, along with many "honorable mentions."

I welcome all agreements/disagreements, Either post them in comments section or tweet them at me. But before you work yourself into a frothy rage over my selections, do try and remember that these things are subjective.

Download the latest The Unblinking Ear Podcast

3 comments:

PB said...

1 Kitchen’s Floor “No Love”
2 Thee Oh Sees “The Dream”
3 Bass Drum of Death “GB City”
4 Slug Guts “Cold Bones”
5 Milk Music “Fertile Ground”
6 Carolee “Rainout”

1 Wild Flag “Something Came Over Me”
2 Rational Animals “Guess What? (Crunch)”
3 Bad Sports “Get My Head”
4 High Tension Wires “Handicapped Hearts”
5 Mannequin Men “OK”

1 Psandwich “Not In Jail”

Brushback said...

I wholeheartedly agree with a bunch of those. Psandwich probably would've made my list if I'd bought the album in time, and Rational Animals and Kitchen's Floor were two of the best bands I saw in 2011.

PB said...

Thanks! Checking out your list now. I've got a lot of catching up to do.