Wednesday, January 16, 2008

This Moment in Slack History: Morsels from the Last Great Era of the 7 Inch Record

"This Moment in Slack History" collects songs from 90s indie 7 inches. For further explanation, please see my original post here.



The McTells "Alice"
Back when I posted that Bartlebees single I stated my general distaste for twee pop. Yet here I am posting another twee pop single. Maybe I do actually like twee pop.

Like the Bartlbees, the McTells were apparently pretty prolific though this is the only piece of their vinyl I own. And it's a neat little thing: two songs on side A and totally blank on side B. Why? I don't know but as I see the sticker on this for was only $2.49 American I think it was an effort by the Four Letter Words label to keep prices down. I would assume that getting a 45 pressed on only one side is cheaper than both. But enough about the medium, let's get to the music. It reminds me of the Undertones. Nothing wrong with that.


Play or Download The McTells "Alice"

No comments: