Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Attention Brooklyn Residents!!

For those of you who like to leave the house every now and then I will inform you that I am DJing at The Diamond in Greenpoint this Thursday, January 17th along with my buddy Nate Knaebel. The Diamond is a really cool place that will appeal to the beer snob in you. None of the beers they serve here sponsor NASCAR if you get my meaning. Since Nate is a well-respected rock critic I asked him to write a little blurb for our gig:

Smart like a new suit and deep as space, our record mix consists of the finest power pop, punk, and garage (with maybe a little indie thrown in for the kids and some classic soul and R&B for the old headz). Call it what you will, rock will suffice for us.

Expect to hear: Times New Viking Jay Reatard Exploding Hearts Adverts Speedies Alice Cooper Pink Fairies Dead Meadow Marked Men Live Fast Die Oblivians Twinkies Stooges Wire Thomas Function Colored Balls Mission of Burma Prisonshake CCR Paul Revere and the Raiders Dictators Rubber City Rebels Radio Birdman Saints et al


Nate is also threatening to play the new Prisonshake single at least 6 times. (Why haven't I ordered that yet? I can surely afford the $1.50 right?)

Come join us, won't you?

Thursday, January 17th
DJs PB and Nate
at The Diamond
43 Franklin St
Greenpoint, Brooklyn
10 pm until Dave Pollack kicks us the hell out

No comments: