Thursday, November 08, 2012

The Unblinking Ear Podcast 11/8/12

As some of you may know, I've resided for most of my life in New York City's least populated borough, Staten Island. While I was lucky enough to be barely impacted, Hurricane Sandy devastated a good portion of the island:


Being that this is my first post-Sandy podcast, as you're listening, please take the time to donate to Staten Island recovery efforts. The unfortunate general consensus is that the Red Cross is doing very little to help but I've been told that The Tunnel To Towers Foundation and The Carl V. Bini Memorial Fund are both excellent organizations with efforts going directly to help Staten Island families. Staten Island Recovers is run by some of the same people behind the Occupy movement. While it doesn't seem to be accepting monetary donations, it's a great place to start if you'd like to get involved locally.

WFMU, another place near and dear to my heart, also suffered from Sandy and have extended their October silent marathon to help pay for damages. Read about it here.

Staten Island and WFMU thank you. And so do I.

Download the latest The Unblinking Ear Podcast

1 comment:

PB said...

Opal "Magick Power"
The Left Banke "I've Got Something On My Mind"
Bare Wires "Julia"
Missing Monuments "(I'm Gonna) Love You Back to Life"
The Spongetones "She Goes Out With Everybody"
Unnatural Helpers "Toil"

Sic Alps "Moviehead"
Vores "Forget That Guy"
Rational Animals "Gabrielle"
Lamps "All Seeing Eye"
Just Urbain "Everybody Loves"

Autoclave "I'll Take You Down"