Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Unblinking Ear Podcast: Repeating Myself

(Above: a man who knows his repetition.)

Ever since I began doing this podcast two and half years ago, it's been a sort of unofficial policy that I'd never play the same artist twice. (The exception being new releases, naturally.) I figure with such a wealth of music out there, why would I subject listeners to the same artists over and over when I could be introducing them to something new? Variety is the spice of life, they say. I even compiled a list of all the artists I've played with the intention being a spotting groups I hadn't yet played who would be worthy of inclusion.

Well, latest podcast, I made a bit of a blunder. I not only played an group I'd already played, but played the exact same song as well. And you know what? None of you called me on it. Perhaps, everyone is fine with the commercial radio policy of giving particular tunes 200 spins a week.

So from now on, I'm going to relax this policy just a bit. There's still a wealth of great bands I've yet to play. I'll get to them eventually, I'm sure. In the meantime, if you think hearing the same bands on this podcast once every year or two is terrible monotonous, you just let me know.

3 comments:

Brushback said...

Wow, I really like that Dikes of Holland song. I totally didn't pay attention to their track on Casual Victim Pile. I'm going to hunt down more of their stuff now.

PB said...

The entire Dikes of Holland album is streaming at Bandcamp. It's definitely worth a listen:

http://dikesofholland1.bandcamp.com/

Brushback said...

Yeah, I'm listening to it right now. I pinched a few tracks from their bandcamp to listen to on my computer. Sounds great.